DA and DBA
DA (Data Administrator) and DBA (Database Administrator) both are responsible for managing database for an organization.
They differ from each other in their required skills and responsibilities.
Data Administrator (DA) :
- "Person in the organization who controls the data of the database refers data administrator."
- DA determines what data to be stored in database based on requirement of the organization.
- DA works on such as requirements gathering, analysis, and design phases.
- DA does not to be a technical person, any kind of knowledge about database technology can be more beneficiary
- DA is some senior level person in the organization. in short, DA is a business focused person but should understand about the database technology.
Database Administrator (DBA) :
- "Person in the organization who controls the design and the use of the database refers database administrator."
- DBA provides necessary technical support for implementing a database.
- DBA works on such as design, development , testing, and operational phases.
- DBA is a technical person having knowledge of database technology.
- DBA does not need to be a business person. in short, DBA is a technically focused person but should understand about the business to administrator the database effectively.