Applications of Object Oriented Programming
Main application areas of OOP are:
Benefits of OOP:
- It is easy to model a real system as real objects are represented by programming objects in OOP. The objects are processed by their member data and functions. It is easy to analyze the user requirements.
- With the help of inheritance, we can reuse the existing class to derive a new class such that the redundant code is eliminated and the use of existing class is extended. This saves time and cost of program.
- In OOP, data can be made private to a class such that only member functions of the class can access the data. This principle of data hiding helps the programmer to build a secure program that can not be invaded by code in other part of the program.
- With the help of polymorphism, the same function or same operator can be used for different purposes. This helps to manage software complexity easily.
- Large problems can be reduced to smaller and more manageable problems. It is easy to partition the work in a project based on objects.
- It is possible to have multiple instances of an object to co-exist without any interference i.e. each object has its own separate member data and function.