Advantages of Object Oriented Programming
- C++ is used by hundreds of thousands of programmers in essentially every application domain.
- C++ is being highly used to write device drivers and other software that rely on direct manipulation of hardware under real-time constraints.
- C++ is widely used for teaching and research because it is clean enough for successful teaching of basic concepts.
- Anyone who has used either an Apple Macintosh or a PC running Windows has indirectly used C++ because the primary user interfaces of these systems are written in C++.
Following features of C++ gives more advantages over C Language
- There is Stronger Type Checking in C++.
- All the OOPS features in C++ like Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance etc makes it more worthy and useful for programmers.
- C++ supports and allows user defined operators (i.e Operator Overloading) and function overloading is also supported.
- Exception Handling is there in C++.
- The Concept of Virtual functions and also Constructors and Destructors for Objects.
- Inline Functions in C++ instead of Macros in C language. Inline functions make complete function body act like Macro, safely.
- Variables can be declared anywhere in the program in C++, but must be declared before they are used.